- There will
alwayssometimes be a delay when trying to get from point A to point B
- Wearing a shirt with metal buttons is not a good idea when passing through airport security
- If you have to repack your luggage, it will never fit in quite as well as when you first packed
- In airports where your final security screening is at the gate, it is a really bad idea to drink a lot of liquids before getting to said gate
- There's nothing quite like the pizza in Italy
- And the gelato, too.
- I would not want to be driving a car in Italy
- Or Turkey
- If you're not a fan of big crowds, visiting the Vatican on the last Sunday of the month (when you get in free) is a really.bad.idea
- If you're over a certain height, a good night's sleep on an overnight train is a very unlikely scenario
- Embrace the unexpected...........after all, isn't that part of why you're travelling?
- There's no such thing as too many photos
- But it is occasionally a good idea to put away the camera and just soak in what you are looking at
- When exploring a new city, be prepared to walk. A lot. (and for the inevitable blisters)
- If a place says it is 500m from the nearest public transport stop, don't expect it to be immediately visible when you step off said public transport.
- I never knew, but I apparently have a love of architecture. (especially visiting churches/cathedrals)
- Why Disneyland is the 'happiest place on Earth.'
and lastly (for now)....
- If I could work out how
to afford itto do it, I would always be travelling.