Monday 13 December 2010

Dear postal services...

Why is it that posting items can be such pot luck? Surely, except in exceptional circumstances (e.g. weather, or an extra busy time such as Christmas), delivery times should be fairly standard?

Right?

Why then, do things I post back to Australia take anywhere from 4 days to 4 weeks to arrive? And why do multiple parcels, all going to the same city (different addreses, but all relatively close by to each other), take varying times to be delivered? (I  posted Christmas presents home two weeks ago - one arrived in a week, one arrived in two weeks, the rest are still out there somewhere....)

And why does something that was posted after something else arrive first (my Christmas card from my family arrived before their parcel, and I know the parcel was posted first).

I'm sure I'm not the only one curious to know....

Yours,

a (rather curious) girl from oz

No comments:

Post a Comment