Monday 6 December 2010

Why me? Or.....what seems to happen every time I try to take a plane trip

I just got back from visiting some Christmas markets in Germany for a few days, and I'm starting to think that I should stop trying to travel by plane for a little while. I was delayed by 6 hours going over, and 3 hours coming back today (both weather related).

Flight delays and/or cancellations are starting to become a bit of a theme when I travel. See, for example, what's happened when I've flown since coming to Europe:

visiting Berlin last year - delay coming back to England due to mechanical problems

visiting Italy this year - it was during one of the British Airways cabin crew strikes, our flight was flown by a charter airline......*shudders* not my favourite flight experience ever...

visiting Copenhagen this year - I was only supposed to be there for 4 days, then fly back to London and out to Turkey, and join a group tour which included being at Gallipoli for the  ANZAC day dawn service. Then the volcano in Iceland happened.....and I didn't get to Turkey, spent a week extra in Copenhagen

I know that's only a short list, but it seems that every flight I try and take has some problems. I think maybe I'll stick to taking the train...

No comments:

Post a Comment