Sunday 13 March 2011

Story behind the photo - Hopfgarten


Say where? I hear you say. I think that may have been my thoughts when I heard the next stop on the tour would be this little village, in a region of Austria known as the Tyrol. As you may imagine, the region is known mostly for the outdoor activities (I think). The best way to sum up Hopfgarten is: a small village, great scenery,  not too much else to do - I don't mean it as a bad thing. There was the option for people on the tour to do some adventure activities - whitewater rafting, mountain biking, paragliding. I didn't do any of them, but kind of regret not doing the paragliding - hopefully I get the chance to one day.

This photo was taken the second night we were there (I think) looking out the window of our room where the tour was staying. It is of the church in Hopfgarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment