Sunday 28 July 2013

Story behind the photo - Bergen, Norway

OK, I'll be the first to admit, I've fallen completely off the (blogging) wagon, so to speak. I'm not really sure what happened, except that I think I lost interest/motivation....but I've decided to give this another shot. So here goes....


My most recent trip out of the UK was to Norway, more specifically to Bergen, which is also known as the 'gateway to the fjords.' Norway is known (I think) for its natural beauty, and Bergen didn't disappoint. (just make sure you've got deep pockets....Norway's expensive!)

This photo looks across the harbour to an area known as Bryggen. Bryggen is the only preserved business district from the Hanseatic period. It consists of the brightly coloured wooden buildings you can see in the photo, and is an UNESCO world heritage site. As well as looking at it from a distance, I would recommend wandering between the buildings - you can see the architecture of the buildings up close, and there's some lovely art galleries and stores to have a look at. For more information about Bryggen, go here

1 comment:

  1. OMG! You are back!

    I saw this very area in a Rick Steves' show recently. He is part Norwegian, so I think he favors the Country a bit. :-)

    ReplyDelete