Sunday 18 August 2013

Story behind the photo - Capri


I visited Naples in January of this year, and took a trip out to the island of Capri one afternoon. To be honest, I didn't enjoy Capri as much as I had hoped - I suspect its a better place to visit during the tourist season, rather than the off season.

After spending a few hours on the island, just wandering around in the grey, overcast weather (I'd hoped to visit the Blue Lagoon, but the weather meant it wasn't possible), it was time to get the ferry back to Naples. Walking to the dock, I spotted this bin floating in the harbour. I have no idea how or why it was there, but the picture makes me smile none the less.

1 comment:

  1. This picture reminds me of something--earlier this year, the river in my town flooded, and it somehow carried a huge dumpster out into the river, and when the water went down, the dumpster stayed there--it was a very large and metal one and it was quite the ordeal that required a lot of equipment to get it out of the river! It kind of shows how powerful water can be!

    ReplyDelete