Sunday 4 December 2011

Story behind the photo - Glasgow and Edinburgh


When my mum and sister came to visit about 18 months ago, the first stop on our travels was Glasgow, where we have family. We also made a day trip to Edinburgh - it takes less than an hour on the train between the two cities, and trains leave on a very regular basis. Glasgow is a city which, for me, is more about the overall feel of the place, rather than visiting to seek out specific buildings/attractions. There's actually not a lot I can say about this photo, except that it was a detail on a building in Glasgow that caught my eye. When I'm taking photos, I often try to look for details or something slightly unusual, and I guess this photo reflects that. You can also see the Saltire (St Andrew's Cross - the Scottish flag) in the crest in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment