Wednesday 8 June 2011

Achieved: visit somewhere else in Switzerland

This was a couple of weekends ago now, but I achieved something else off of my travel wish list - visiting more of Switzerland. I visited Basel, which is a town right on the border of Switzerland, France, and Germany. I chose Basel because, when I was on the BMI website they were advertising that they were just starting up flights to Basel, and the price was reasonable.....so I figured, why not? Basel is not as 'touristy' as some of the other places I've visited, but I still enjoyed myself exploring the town. Here are some photos from the trip:

the silver statue/monument shows the point where France, Germany and Switzerland  meet
the village on the left of the bridge is in France. the village on the right is in Germany
some street art in Basel


there are a few of these ferries that cross the Rhine - they are attached to a cable and just use the river currents to get across.
Rathaus (town hall)

inside the paper mill in Basel (its a museum and still a working mill)

the bridge on the right is the 'old bridge'

Basel Zoo





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for pointing out Basel. I spent the better part of an hour checking stuff out on Google. Interesting. :-)

    ReplyDelete