Sunday 14 August 2011

Story behind the photo - Brighton


Brighton. One of the more easily accessible bits of English coastline from London (its about an hour or so on the train), the town is a popular destination for hens' weekends - I think my friend and I saw at least 4 or 5 the day we were there. The town is also known for the Pier and the Royal Pavillion - both of these are worth a look.

Or you could go and try sunbathing on the beach, though I'm not sure how comfortable the pebbles are! To a girl who grew up in Australia, pebble beaches are just strange. The photo is taken down on the main waterfront area of Brighton, looking towards the Pier.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, found your link on the travel page of 20sb. New reader--my feed has reached a standstill this summer and I'm hoping to shake things up a bit.

    If you like reading about nerdy things and travel you might like my blog as well. Let me know!

    I know what you mean about pebble beaches...there is only one sandy beach in Marselle and I'm originally from Cape Cod. Though I've never been to Australia, or Brighton...keep the good stuff coming, I'm reading!

    ReplyDelete